After twenty minutes and a pile of black plastic shavings, I had a 25mm, f:1.9 prime lens. I tried focusing and adjusting the aperture but could never get a clear image. Discouraged I set the lens aside and went to start looking for a similar tutorial online using this method. Then it struck me, maybe I had a macro lens. I immediately went to my patio door (area with the most light) and started trying to focus on the threads in the rug. I didn't get anything until I was nearly touching the rug with the lens. The following images are the result.
Care tag on the rug
"A" button on my Xbox controller
Battery indicator on my phone