Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I blood pumping muscle New York...Return of the Jedi

Times Square is busy.
I went down there hoping to take a bunch of pictures but realized really quickly that a.) my lens wasn't wide enough, 2.) my aperture wasn't low enough, and d.) there's always someone right next to you taking the exact same shot. This coupled with the extremely high contrast, or should I say Dynamic Range, of the billboards vs everything around them. All these factors lead me to forgo the typical tourist shots and focus on a few HDRs instead. The diffuculty with this falls to my gear. Without a higher aperture, I couldn't shoot as fast as I would've liked and without a tripod, my rebel just won't shoot quick consecutive photos quick enough. Well they always say the best camera is the one you have with you. I had my rebel and these are my results.

I will return tonight with shots from Central Park in "I blood pumping muscle New York...A New Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment