Monday, June 27, 2011

Fun With Nature.

Some of you may have seen these when I posted them on the Facebooks a few months back.  As I was backing up all of my photos to an external drive today, I decided that these needed their own post. Keep reading to see a few more shots, but the lead is still my favorite.
I took the majority of these a few miles south west of West Fargo. I was baffled for years trying to figure out how people were able to take pictures of lightning. It wasn't until I did a little searching online that I realized the trick was long exposures instead of short. Keeping the shutter open lets you close it right after the lightning hits. This also lets you get multiple strikes in the same shot. Well, that about wraps it up for today. Going forward, I'm thinking of just doing a Monday, Wednesday, Friday post because lets face it. No one is reading this. But if you happen to be, let me know what you think in the comments. If my adoring fan requests it, I'll keep sending it on down the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment